Sunday, May 27, 2012

New (to me) blogs!

Are y'all feeling as overwhelmed as me right now?? This time of year is just beyond crazy! But it's also such an exciting time. I love thinking about new ideas and different ways to decorate my classroom. I've got a whole new color scheme and classroom layout that I can't wait to show y'all, so be sure and look for my classroom makeover posts just as soon as the wax on our floors dries and we are allowed back in our building! haha :) 

In the meantime, I've been finding some really fabulous new (to me anyways) blogs out there and I wanted to share a couple with y'all. I stumbled on this first one via pinterest and have been scrolling through her blog for about 20 min now, pinning ideas. It's called First Grade Wow


Wow! I felt like typing that in the description every time I pinned something. Nancy has some great ideas like the speller tellers and I'm loving her ice cream similes. Head over there now and start pinning away.

This next blogger emailed me and gave me her blog link and I'm so glad she did! Ms. C's blog is called Just Wild About Teaching
She also has some great ideas, but my favorite is her Father's Day activity. We get out way before Father's Day so I've never done anything with this holiday, but I feel like I should. Now I want to go back and have my kids do this activity because it is so stinkin' cute. Go look at it now y'all. You'll love it! 

If you have a new blog, email me the link so I can check it out! :) :) I'd love to start featuring new blogs this summer. 

8 comments:

  1. I'll definitely check out these blogs too. I'd love for you too look at mine! :)

    Cindy

    Primary Reading Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these great new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just started blogging and teach 1st grade. I hope you'll check it out. I am your newest follower!
    :) Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I am a new follwer and I have started a kindergarten teaching blog. Stop by and check it out!
    Love, Laugh, and Learn

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just started a blog...not even a week old yet! I have been learning as I go. Hopefully you can come by and check it out!

    First Grade Bubbles and Tails
    http://firstgradebubblesandtails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only a few months into the teaching bloggy world. I'd love for you to stop by & visit my blog!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love learning about new blogs and trying out the many new ideas in my first grade! I would love for you to check out my new 1st grade blog.

    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still pretty new to the blogosphere. I am actually reading your blog in reverse (haha, maybe I should start at the beginning)and commented on your classroom paint job. :) Like I said there, I am a new follower to your blog and I'd love if you checked mine out. Thanks!


    Also, if you check out my TpT
    store
    and find anything you like I'll email you a freebie if you mention on here. ;D

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete