The biggest accomplishment so far is the focus board. Which is good, because this is the biggest and most important board in my classroom. I'm happy with the way it turned out :)
The letters are from Hobby Lobby. Aren't they cute? Love them!
The decorative paper is from Office Max and then I used 12x12 scrapbook paper underneath each header
Isn't this paper pretty?? It reminds me so much of Blair Waldorf's dress seen here:
I have to find a way to incorporate it into my classroom. This is one of my favorite Blair Waldorf looks. :)
Found a place for our "finding a good book for you" chart. It looked a little plain just by itself, so I trimmed regular size border and used it to create a narrow border that works perfectly for this chart.
Finally finished the title for the theme board. I originally wanted to call it "Unit Exploration", but after making each letter and attaching each letter to the plate, I found out that the title was waayyy too long and didn't fit. So I downsized to just "The Big Idea". This will be where we display anchor charts and writing activities about our reading themes
The last thing I accomplished today was bordering the marker board. This is a small task, but makes the board look so much better to me.
I *hope* to get the word wall boxed off tomorrow, but I'm not making any promises. Be sure and check back in the next few days....I'm teaming up with Learning Resources for a big giveaway that you don't want to miss!!!!