Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Real Talk: Summer is ALMOST here!!

Hi y'all! Normally I use this blog to share happenings in my classroom and give ideas to other teachers out there, but y'all I have 2 DAYS LEFT before summer begins and I. am. tired. 

I've got nothing left. No ideas. No fun activities to pass the time. I'm in survival mode and once Friday arrives, I don't want to think about anything school related for a looooong time. But I did want to talk with y'all today! So I thought I'd share what I'm looking forward to doing this summer :)

I'm looking forward to spending time with the sweetest dog in the world!




I'm looking forward to sitting outside in the afternoons and enjoying the pretty weather.

I'm looking forward to enjoying my back porch. Hopefully it will be fenced in soon so Reese can enjoy being leash free! 

I'll be sharing more pictures of my back porch over on my life+style blog, Southern Belle Inspired. Be sure you follow it on Blog Lovin'!

I'm looking forward to actually blogging more on Southern Belle Inspired :)

I'm looking forward to reading, reading, reading! You can follow me on Good Reads to see everything I'm reading. I've started keeping up with how many books I've read this year by creating a 2015 list on the site. It's fun to look back and remember the different stories. :) 
This one is being compared to Gone Girl. I was not a fan of Gone Girl. I LOVED the movie, but could not get through the book. The Good Girl, however, was wonderful! Love, love, love!

 Another book that is suppose to be like Gone Girl. This one was great and I'm so glad I gave it a chance. I normally would not have picked this book up, but after repeatedly seeing it on the best seller lists, I decided to try it out. Sooo good!

 I LOVE the young adult genre and this one was a quick and fun read. I like books that keep me guessing which character the main character will end up with and this book did exactly that!

 I haven't read this one yet, but after Reese Witherspoon instagrammed it, I ordered it. If Reese liked it, I'll like it! :) While I haven't read this book, I have read What Alice Forgot by the same author and I loved it!!! 

The Selection is my favorite series of all time (except Harry Potter, of course!), so when The Heir came out, I preordered it in order to have it the day it was released. It was nowhere near as good as the first three in the series, but I expected that since this one follows the main characters' daughter and is set 20 years in the future. With that said, I would still repurchase and read again. It wasn't great, but it still captured my attention and so I'll be preordering when the next one is released! :)

When do you get out for summer? What are you looking forward to? :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie! My summer will officially begin tomorrow afternoon at 12:30 p.m. central time! I'm looking forward to spending time with my hubby, grown children, and a cup of coffee late in the day with my parents! Life IS good!

    ReplyDelete