Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Anatomy of a Groundhog and Tagged Questions

We started learning about groundhogs today and graphed our weather predictions for tonight. I remembered to take a pic of the anatomy anchor chart but of course forgot the pic of the graph. 

And I've been tagged by Amy at the The Resource Room, Barbara at Happy Teaching First, and Sarah at Fun in Title Math
Since some of the questions were the same and I figured y'all didn't read all 36 of my answers, I decided to do a mash up of the fabulous questions :)
1. What is your favorite TV show? I have three: Glee, Pretty Little Liars, and Gossip Girl. Although recently I've become addicted to Revenge. If Daniel Greyson really dies at the engagement party, I'll stop watching. Isn't he gorgeous?? 
2. What is your favorite book? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly
3. How much time do you spend on your hair in the morning? I just love this question! :) I do my hair at 6:15 every morning, so I could spend 3 hours on it and it still isn't going to do well that early in the morning. That's one of my least favorite thing about teaching. My hair does horrible when I fix it in the morning. I guess I spend about an hour on it all together: washing, combing out, products, drying, curling.
4. What's your favorite memory from high school? That would have to be cheering. If I could go back to high school to do one thing again, it would be cheering. I miss that so much. 
5. How long have you been teaching? This is my 3rd year :)
6. What is your favorite color? Pink...bet you were surprised by that, right? :)
7. Name the one blog you frequent often: Teaching blog: The First Grade Parade Fashion/Lifestyle Blog: Confessions of a Twenty Something
8. What is your favorite movie? Legally Blonde
9. What is your classroom theme? I don't really have a theme, I just decorate with a lot of bright colors. I get bored very quickly so I like being able to create different things and just using bright colors as opposed to a theme makes this easier.
10. How do you group your students seating? I change where my kids sit A LOT. I would get so bored sitting in the same spot everyday so I know my kids do too. Sometimes we sit in a U shape, sometimes in  two long rows, and sometimes (like now) in pods of four. Usually just whatever works best at the moment!
11. How long do you stay after work? Not too long. I'm usually home around 3:45 or 4:00. By the end of the day, I'm completely spent and cannot think about much. It's usually pointless to stay and try and work because I'm so tired from the day. I come home, take a bath and concentrate on something non-school for awhile and then feel ready to create school things again. I do the majority of my planning and creating on the weekends (exciting, I know). If I didn't have the weekends to plan, my entire week would be off.
12. Are you married? Nope! I'm single and happily enjoying my carefree twenties. Although if a John Kennedy Jr. came along, I wouldn't complain. :) :) :)
13. What do you do to relax and de stress? Take a bath, do my nails, look at InStyle, and watch Gossip Girl. 
14. How did you discover the world of blogging? I have a sweet teacher friend to thank for that! She told me about First Grader...At Last! and after that, I was hooked! A few months later, I discovered fashion blogs, and I cannot tell you how much I've learned through those!
15. How long have you been blogging? Since August of last year (2010)
Thanks for tagging me, girls! I love to answer questions like these and love reading everyone else's!
Don't forgot! My Groundhog's Day unit and Valentine's Day unit are on sale. Go to my store to check them out!

4 comments:

  1. Fashion blogs are the BEST! I love to see what some are wearing every day. This one is new to me and I think it is hysterical. It is called "Day Old News," at http://www.dayoldnews.com/
    ~Andi
    PencilsGlueandTyingShoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie,

    My school has Reading Street as our reading curriculum. I am wondering if your school gives letter grades? Do you complete workbook pages or do you take the skills and create your own activities for everything? If you do give letter grades what do you grade if you don't complete workbook pages? What do you assess and how? Do you do choice boards? I am always looking at how others do things!

    Thanks!
    Alana
    alanawilliams@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete