Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine's Door and Tornadoes!

We are loving Julie Lee's Weather Unit right now. It's packed full of centers and my kids are really into it. I decided to pull in a nonfiction text study today that correlated to the topic. My kids have a hard time with the difference between fiction and nonfiction, so doing activities like these help. We read this book:

And we created this chart, along with these mean tornadoes. 



They are getting so good at writing down their schema and then their new learning. :) 

I also finished our valentine's door. 



Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday! :)



7 comments:

  1. Love those tornadoes! (if you can love tornadoes? lol)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your door, groundhogs, and tornadoes! Too cute!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tornadoes are adorable! Haha I love how cute and mean they look at the same time. Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tornadoes are the cutest!!! I love your door, too! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your door is too cute! I love it...
    -Lauren
    www.weeklyhive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute tornadoes! And I love the door, but I have a soft spot for love birds!

    Em
    curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the tweet birds!! Do you have a pattern?!

    Sarah
    shetrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete