Monday, April 18, 2011

Fairy Tales Unit....Cinderella and The Wizard of Oz

I haven't shared pictures of some of the activities we've been doing with fairy tales lately, so I thought I would. Last week we talked a lot about Cinderella and did an activity from Babbling Abby's Wizard of Oz Unit (which you must check out!). She has the most adorable pattern for the ruby slippers that I modified for glass slippers. Then we attached the writing activity "If I had a fairy godmother..." Check out their cute responses!
"If I had a fairy godmother, I would have a heart attack!"


"I would freak out!"

"I would see if she would turn me into a princess"

"I would hug her" :)





We've also started reading The Wizard of Oz. I wasn't so sure this would hold my kids attention because of how long the book was, but they are lovin' it! I've used Ms. Abby's unit to make the adorable ruby slippers and then I created Emerald City and my kids predicted what Dorthy and her friends would find once they got to their destination. 



6 comments:

  1. Love it, girl! GREAT job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it. I really want to do a fairytale unit. You have given me some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a follower and a believer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fairy godmother craft! How can I get a copy of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fairy godmother craft! How can I get a copy of this pattern?

    ReplyDelete