Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Princess and the Pea Center Activity in Action!

The first week of our fairy tales unit and we are lovin' it! We've discussed The Frog Prince, The Princess and the Pea, Sleeping Beauty, and Rumpelstiltskin. I've already posted our Frog Prince activities. We did several things with the Princess and the Pea.

Here is the center activity I created called "The Princess Wants Peas". At this center, the kids had to sort /ea/ words, which were written on the peas. Peas with /ea/ went in the castle, while peas without went in the royal trashcan. After sorting, the kids had to record their results so I could see that they were actually doing the center and not just playing. This center is included in The Princess and The Pea Packet and you can find it here!













We also made these. Under the craft the kids wrote the name of their princess and finished the sentence "She is as delicate as a___________." They loved this!









I used all of these to make our door.

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome!


    Littlelearnersinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great unit. I might have to add this next year. I like how you have the frog prince for our little boys.
    Claire
    www.firstgradesmarties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Your door looks adorable..
    I'm your newest follower..SO happy I found your blog via Pinterest!!
    come visit teaching fashionista.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any way you could email me the docs for Princess and the Pea? I will be teaching this to my daughters class this Friday? Love them!

    Anna
    hamptonanna@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used this activity as an independent center in my kindergarten class. I made little cardboard princesses and princes for them to decorate. It was a lot of work, but they turned out adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete