Friday, July 15, 2011

Classroom decorating: Day Two

I took a day off from working in the classroom today, so day two actually took place yesterday. This is what I've got accomplished so far, which after looking at the pics I admit it doesn't look like much, but it really is. This is what I keep telling myself at least. School starts in about 3 weeks and I start to really stress out if I think about how much there is to do. But, it's all good! It'll all get done eventually.  :)

Accomplished thus far: The future focus board's background and border: 
Again, you can't tell the fabric because of the camera, but it's purple polka dots. I didn't really plan on a polka dot theme, but so far I have two boards with this background. Clearly it's growing on me :)

My favorite part of the board is the border. The fabric looks really blue in the pic, but it's purple and looks cute with the bird border. The board is so big that it looks better with a wider border, so I put two together and came up with this. I love it!

Accomplished: Background and border (almost) for future student work display board.
I ran out of black polka dotted border right at the end! I hate that! I'm thinking about using frames to display work. I've never used frames, but a kindergarten teacher that I work with has them in her room and they are beyond cute, so I thought about trying it. I don't have a clear pic in my mind, so who knows what it will turn out like!

Accomplished: Front meeting area board 
I used the same little bird border and ran out at the bottom. I'm kinda liking it without the piece at the bottom though. Not really sure what's going on here. Last year it was my concept question map for Reading Street and it may be that again. Not fully set on it yet. Can y'all tell I put way too much thought into my board designs??? LOL!!! 

9 comments:

  1. Looks really good so far! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! :0) love the birdie border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! But I can't believe you're already in the classroom decorating...I probably won't go in until the 1st week of Aug. I can't wait to see more of your classroom though...it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your classroom pictures! It makes me extra excited to get into my own classroom... still weeks away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute things in the classroom! Having a cute classroom would just make each day so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good! I like the idea of material. Will it fade like regular bulletin board paper? Do you leave it up for all year?

    Pat

    A Time to Share & Create


    MY WEBSITE

    Fabulous 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out great!! Love how you doubled up the borders.

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Tweet About it. Where did you get the little bird?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole- Isn't that little bird cute?? I made him with my Cricut, using the cartridge "Create A Critter" :)

    ReplyDelete