Yay! Who else is excited for Teacher Week?? I'm also super excited about today's topic: Meet the Teacher. I love to learn all about every great teacher that I blog stalk. I'm also excited to share a little bit about me :) Here goes!
I'm 24 years old (almost 25....which is halfway to 50!!! sooo dreading that birthday!) and have taught 1st grade for 3 years. I graduated from the school I work at in 2005 and then from college in December 2008. I was lucky enough to be hired as a school wide interventionist two months later. Then, a first grade position opened up in June, and 3 years later I'm still here :)
I am not married, nor do I have any kids of my own. I'm happily enjoying my carefree 20's! I do however, happen to own the cutest dog in the world, Reese. Reese is a Maltese who is named after the best actress in Hollywood, Reese Witherspoon.
I absolutely love my job, even though some days are beyond stressful. One of my biggest hobbies is making things for my classroom. I love planning out activities and fun lessons for my sweet kids.
As we all know, there's lots of 'things' that help us teach. Here are a few of my favorite teacher things.
And here are some of my favorite non school things. I love, love, love these things so I tend to ramble about them in the detailed description :) Just a warning!
1. Harry Potter- I love reading in general, but nothing beats Harry Potter. I could read these over and over again. If my 1st graders could keep up with this series, I would so be reading this in the afternoon instead of Junie B. HA!
2. Lilly Pulitzer dresses- my favorite brand of all time. So colorful. You cannot not feel happy when you're wearing one. :)
3. My new Louis Vuitton handbag- I have been wanting this bag for over 3 years. I finally splurged and bought it this summer. So glad I did! I absolutely love it!
4. TV Shows- I have an obsession with TV. Glee is my all time favorite, but this summer I became addicted to Pretty Little Liars and Mad Men (see #6) My other favorites are Gossip Girl, Bachelor(ette), and Sex and the City
5. Nail Polish- If tv is my biggest obsession, nail polish may just come in next. I love Essie and OPI.
6. Mad Men, or rather, Betty Draper- I recently discovered this show and I am in love with Betty Draper's fashion. I think I lived during the 50's in a previous life. I love, love, love the full dresses and skirts of this era.
7. Magazines- favs would have to be InStyle and People Stylewatch. The September issues just came out with all the fall fashion... :) :)
Hope you enjoyed! :)