Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Resolutions Activity and Winter Centers

Cara's 100th Day people are quite possibly my favorite craft ever and I always loved recreating them for New Years and having the kids write resolutions. Here's a couple of pictures from an old post so you can get an idea :)


I did this activity with my 5th graders today. I didn't remember to cut out the hats with scrapbook paper so they didn't turn out near as cute, but I LOVE reading their resolutions. After actually talking about what resolutions are and examples of common ones people always making, we wrote our own. As I was looking back through my first grade resolutions it's so neat to see how different 1st graders think than 5th graders! :) Here's the 5th grade version:

If I had remembered scrapbook paper this would have look precious with this great garland I found after Christmas for 75% off! It worked great for the hats. 














After we each made our own resolution, we decided on a few class goals that we wanted to work hard to accomplish this semester. I created a chart with each of my three classes, but forgot to take pictures of that! :) 

1st/2nd grade friends, don't forget to check out my Winter Math and Literacy Centers. These were created last year, but I'm working on some new ones right now for upper grades. Here's a preview of the activities
Click here to get my Winter Fun! math and literacy packet. Below is a preview of what all is included. 

Y as a Vowel word sort

 Odd and Even Sort using number words

 What's the missing number center activity

 Number order activity (can be used greatest to least or least to greatest)

 Which Number is Greater? Can also be used for Which Number is Less?

 Number/ Number Word Match Activity **An oldie but a goodie! I love this activity. My kids ALWAYS need help with recognizing number words

 Long/Short Vowel Sort

 Beginning Blends Activity

 Syllable Sort

 Synonym Match Up Activity

 Antonym Match Up Activity

 Sentence or Question Sort



Happy Weekend, y'all! 


2 comments:

  1. love the centers and the 100 th day people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know ive said it before...thank you for still thinking of us first grade teachers! You are a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete