Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"There's No One Alive That's You-er than You!"

I love that quote from Dr. Seuss. And I've also been lovin' this week! Dr. Seuss is my favorite part of the year and it's been a good week so far. Tomorrow is Diffendoofer Day, so in honor of that we are having "Doughnuts with Dad on Diffendoofer Day" where our class dads (or granddads and uncles) come and have doughnuts with us in the morning.
Back to my favorite quote. After I introduced the quote, we talked about what it meant and the importance of its message. Then we did self-portraits to show individuality. I was so happy with the way they turned out! Here are just a few.







5 comments:

  1. What a super cute idea! I am putting in my files and may even try to squeeze it in this year! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SUPER cute!! How do you get your pictures to stay on the walls? I'm the only class with those walls in my school and my pictures always fall down after a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute display! And I love the "donuts with dads" idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francesca- I use clear packing tape. It works great! If it's something heavier though, I bring out the hot glue gun! LOL

    ReplyDelete