Thursday, September 22, 2011

A whole bunch of random classroom happenings

I snapped a few pics over the last couple of days of things we've been doing in our classroom and thought I'd post them all in one random post. :)
We've been talking about realism and fantasy.

We learned the Doubles Rap! Well, the first 6 anyways :)

Some of us have mastered alien fry phrases and moved onto Forest Friends Fry Phrases.

We are learning initial blends this week. I made these flash cards to help learn the sounds the two consonants make, which has really helped with my strugglers.  Let me know if you would like a copy of the initial blends flash cards!

We've been learning how to create lists in Writer's Workshop.


My kids are scarecrow crazy! Aren't these fun? We had a meeting with our reading coach last week so we had aids stay with our classes. My mom works at my school too, so she stayed with my class and whipped up this little craft with them! I'd share the pattern if I had it, but she didn't think about saving it. They had a ball making these and they were so excited to show them to me when I got back. :)

Our Johnny Appleseed door is finished!

I changed the way I did our objectives. I use to do them weekly, but this year we have to have daily objectives displayed, so I decided to do this with a pocket chart. I have to say, I thought I would hate this way, but I really like it. It's really easy to write out all the objectives Friday and then place them in order and flip every day. Working out so far!






22 comments:

  1. Can I have a copy of your blends?

    Lorena.delgadillo@gmail.com

    Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos!
    There is a lot of learning going on in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarecrows! I would like a copy of your blends cards, please. :)

    davis.ashleyb@gmail.com
    http://thesilverlininginteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a copy of your blends also

    ratsass@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like a copy of your blends! Thanks :)

    thinkpink_247@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a copy of your blend cards! You always have such great ideas and inspire me.
    spung@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like a copy of your blends please.

    hdavis@tattnall.k12.ga.us

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to have a copy of your blends!
    katiereeder@gmail.com

    I also LOVE your daily objectives pocket chart!! We have these objective posters where we are supposed to write a TPO for whatever we are teaching, but they only gave us one poster. I'm sorry, but in first grade, the objective is changing all day long and I can't keep jumping up to erase a poster!! I'm definitely going to make something like that, so I can leave it up all day long! I'm already pretty much out of wall space, but I'll make it work! Thanks for the great idea!!

    Katie
    Teachers Ask, Teachers Tell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie Ann, your activities are always sooo cute!
    Thanks for sharing your ideas! oh...and I would love to have a copy of your initial blend flashcards...

    Thanks!
    teachinginhighheels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for offering to share! I would love a copy of the blends cards!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    christina4062@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your ideas! I would love to have a copy of your initial blend flashcards! :)

    Ambermagnessosu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great website.... I am also a first grade teacher and I would love a copy of your initial blend flashcards.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    butterfly4348@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a copy of your blend cards - do you have diagraphs too?
    karen.strawser@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for being so willing to share. Your materials look creative and full of learning! I'd like a copy of the blends.
    ali@palermoschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so creative! I LOVE your alien/forest fry flash cards. My firsties will have so much fun! I would like a copy of the blend flash cards to use. Thank you!

    casey.jeanne.richard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like a copy of your blends cards. Thanks. dolphin_soccer_lover@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your work is terrific! I get such great ideas for my firsties. Could I please have a copy of your blend flash cards?
    Thank you.

    obrienbrinegar7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love a copy of your initial blends flashcards! Thanks for sharing such great ideas.

    susan.ripley@fortbendisd.com

    Thanks,
    Susan Ripley
    1st grade Fort Bend ISD

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love a copy of your initial blends cards! I just love your blog!
    Holly
    bearcom1000@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love a copy of your initial blends cards. Thank you -- maelapus@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love a copy of your initial blends cards. Love your ideas. Thank you for sharing. puzzlepiece617@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete