Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine's Door and Tornadoes!

We are loving Julie Lee's Weather Unit right now. It's packed full of centers and my kids are really into it. I decided to pull in a nonfiction text study today that correlated to the topic. My kids have a hard time with the difference between fiction and nonfiction, so doing activities like these help. We read this book:

And we created this chart, along with these mean tornadoes. 



They are getting so good at writing down their schema and then their new learning. :) 

I also finished our valentine's door. 



Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday! :)



8 comments:

  1. Love those tornadoes! (if you can love tornadoes? lol)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your door, groundhogs, and tornadoes! Too cute!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tornadoes are adorable! Haha I love how cute and mean they look at the same time. Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tornadoes are the cutest!!! I love your door, too! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your door is too cute! I love it...
    -Lauren
    www.weeklyhive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute tornadoes! And I love the door, but I have a soft spot for love birds!

    Em
    curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the tweet birds!! Do you have a pattern?!

    Sarah
    shetrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tornadoes!! My first graders made them for our unit on severe weather and everyone comments on how they love them! of course they are not as good as the fifth graders' but they are very good!

    ReplyDelete